How do you make a great new reissue tube even better? New Sensor is continually striving to find new ways to improve their already great tubes. The Tung-Sol 6V6GT is the new reissue of that famous NOS tube from the 50's with all the creamy vintage tone you can eat! Made in Russia. The Tung Sol 6V6 is built to handle higher voltages, resulting in better mids and bottoms, while keeping it's smooth distortion. The latest version has additional front and rear support rods to reduce tube rattle and microphonics.
- Victoria 5112 retube Review by Stan
I had to take the time to give you a shout out, share my story, and to say thanks! I received the tubes on the following Monday as you promised, and I really appreciate it.
This time around I needed to get my Victoria 5112 healthy again. Thing just started crapping out on me and making seriously obnoxious noises (outside of my typical guitar playing J). Only three tubes, but I did not have time to sort them out – so I just replaced all three tubes with those I purchased from you. Here’s the thing: the amp has really come to life. I just thought my setup was hosed, but holy cow, what a difference after replacing the tubes. There is a 3 dimensionality and added clarity to it now that just makes my mouth water. Absolutely wonderful.
This is the third amp I’ve re-tubed after purchasing tubes from you and I’ve had similarly excellent results with my Boogie F-50 and Rectoverb 50. I suspect I better start really learning about tubes and their impact on tone. So many people argue that they don’t make a big difference, but after hearing these amps I just don’t know how people can argue otherwise. It really makes a difference.
Thanks, Stan (Posted on 6/26/14)
- Great Option Review by Walter
- I am new to tubes but these did add clarity and added harp like beauty to the high end though I did lose some warmth on my drive channel. If you like your tone and don't want to swap pickups but would like some more clarity these are the way to go. (Posted on 11/27/13)
- My new favorite 6V6 Review by Mike
- I've been staying away from 6V6 tubes, because they always sound too thin and harsh to my ear. The tone from these is very smooth and rich. No harshness at any of the gain settings I've tried, just a sweet big tone. Works great with distortion. The higher voltage handling of these tubes adds a little extra headroom, which is always a plus in my book. (Posted on 5/11/12)