The TAD 6L6GC-STR produces a warm, full sound that seems to get richer and deeper as the volume get turned up. The TAD 6L6GC-STR is a hybrid, having the durability of the American made Philips 6L6 and the vintage rock sound of the RCA 6L6 black plate.
- Mesa boogie dual rec Review by Billy
- If you that OOMPH, that in your face fatness with NO mud at all...throw these bad boys in. In my OPINION the BEST 6l6 Power tube hands down for a ROCK, HARD ROCK, or ALL OUT METAL Mesa rectifier player. Puts your amp on steroids, WHICH IS OK in the music biz, and maintains clarity at higher volumes better than any other tube I've tried so far, and I was a tube junkie. DOUG I am glad you offer them for the mesa kits now...shortly after I sent an email to request it when you had none in the mesa rating haha . YOU DA MAN! (Posted on 8/27/13)
- Fender Hot Rod Deluxe retube(TAD 6L6GC-STR, Tung-Sol 12AX7, Ruby 7025SS HG, JJ ECC803) Review by Tad
Doug, thanks so much for the tube recommendations, the amp sounds great- Much warmer and fuller, it has a lot more life in it now! Thanks again,
Tad (Posted on 1/28/13)
- Fender Blues Deluxe retube Review by Drew
The TAD's sound great so far Doug. I learned the stock GT's in it were rebranded Sovtek's. I found the bias a bit hotter than factory specs so I dialed the TAD's in the same to get an accurate comparison. But so far I am really happy with them. The amp just sounds warmer and more responsive. And I didn't have to dial the EQ in nearly as much to get my tone where I'm happy. Can't wait to hear it on stage. Thanks again for everything. I see why you are so highly recommended. Take care Doug.
Drew (Posted on 7/17/12)
- TAD 6L6GC-STR's in a Soldano Hot Rod 50 Review by Pete
These tubes sound awesome. Tone like you said. Compared to the
Sovtek 5881 that come with it, the bottom end is now there nice and full,
the mids are no where as harsh, nice and creamy and the highs stand out
more but not brittle.
Pete (Posted on 5/28/12)