These are high grade, hand selected JJ 6L6GC's from Ruby Tubes / Magic Parts.
- JJ/Ruby 6L6 Review by Bruce G
- Thanks, Doug and Brian, for your usual great service. These Ruby/JJ 6L6's sound sweet in my Fromel modded HRDX, replacing tired and micro-phony old JJ's. Took about an hour of playing before their sweetness emerged, a little break in time brings out the goods, and a few more hours made them nicer still. Glad I don't have to pop for NOS in this basic production Fender to get a worthy sound. (Posted on 2/11/15)
- Ruby/JJ 6L6GC-CZ Review by Kyle
- New rubys sound awesome in the mark v !! Thanks doug (Posted on 7/21/13)
- Peavey 5150 retube Review by Chris
- couldn't make it home for Christmas so I decided to retube the amp with the Peavey kit I got in the mail the other day. Wow did this make a difference! The amp sounds clearer and brighter! Thanks! (Posted on 12/27/12)
- Overall Nice Tubes Review by R.S.
- I bought a quad of these to try out in my Mesa Mark 2, and so far I am pretty happy with them. My original tubes are very old Sylvania STR387's and while these Ruby replacements don't quite match the originals they are not bad for the price. Compared to the Sylvania tubes, the Ruby's have a slightly more mellow top end, which i actually kinda like. I found the Syvanias a little more tricky to get a nice E.Q. on the top end and the Ruby a little less piercing. I also found the Rubys just don't have the rock solid bottom end of the Sylvanias, and they seem a bit less powerful overall. But, all things considered, unless you feel like shelling out crazy dollars for some N.O.S these tubes seem like a pretty good deal. (Posted on 10/6/12)