The Ruby 6L6GC-MSTR is from the Shuguang factory. It's thicker glass envelope and sturdy construction is designed to work in the most demanding applications. It it packed with lots of punch and a sweet tone, very musical. Philips STR copy. This Ruby tube is a re-labeled Sino, Chinese and Shuguang - it's all the same.
- Fender Twin Reverb Review by John
I just installed the Rubies you sent me for my Fender Twin, just wanted to say thanks for the help is the best I have heard this amp sound since I owned it, is there a place to give a review to spread the word of your help and your products?
John (Posted on 5/11/13)
- RUBY 6L6GCMSTR (4) Mesa/Boogie Roadster Review by Chris UK
Just retubed my amplifier and first impressions it sounds fantastic, a bit more tweaking and I`ll have it sounding amazing.
Recently fitted the preamp tone pack (6) coupled with the power tubes this amp now sounds excellent. Great gain tone, notees are clearly defined and with a wall of sound behind you, the leads are amazing singing.
Anybody reading this and are unsure about purchasing these tube kits, rest assured you`ll be amazed whatever style of music you play, I mainly play rock/metal so went with the recommended descriptions.
Thanks to Dougs Tubes (Posted on 5/9/13)
- Peavey 6505+ Review by Simon
Thank you very much,
I installed my new tubes yesterday
Awesome, exactly what I was looking for!
Sound really great!
Simon Guénette (Posted on 2/21/13)
- Egnater Renegade retube(Ruby 6L6GCMSTR, Ruby EL34BSTR, 6 x 12AX7 tone kit) Review by Asa
- The tonekit preamp tubes and the recomended power tubes sound amazing. I can't thank you guys enough. (Posted on 1/28/13)
- Peavey Ultra retube(with the 4 x 12AX7 tone kit) Review by Jamey
So I finally got a chance to put in the new "tone kit" and power tubes today... and I must admit I was pretty skeptical that there would be a noticable difference. I am glad to say I was dead wrong! The clean channel is much more vibrant and lush with a really nice "fenderish" bite and lots of clean head room. The crunch channel sounds pretty much like it did before (which is a good thing because that was the best part of this amp), and now the "ultra" channel is MUCH more articulate... less muddy and just really freeeeeeking great. You da man. Please feel free to share my testimonial for all the other Peavey Ultra owners out there. You rock!!!!
Black Market Lunchbox (Posted on 1/5/13)
- Peavey Classic Duel 212 retube Review by Rick
What was recommended and purchased:
RUBY 6L6GCMSTR's and for the 12AX7's, a Tung-Sol in V1, a Sovtek LPS in the phase inverter and Ruby 7025SS's.
The tubes got here today, and I cant believe the difference!!!! Thank you so much!!!!
(Posted on 11/8/12)
- Peavey Valveking VK100 Review by Tyler
The tubes sound beautiful, pretty much exactly what I was looking for. For the money, with a small investment in tubes, I am very pleased with it. Also very pleased with your service and will recommend you to anyone I know needing tubes. Thanks again!
(Posted on 11/5/12)
- Sansui AU-111 stereo amp from late 60's, (Ruby 6L6GCMSTR's matched quad) review. Review by Steve
- I wanted to bring this amp back to the unmatched quality and tone range as when new. These tubes have done that in spades. Seems to have perfect tone balance and really spectacular headroom. I installed these tubes after a complete rebuild of all capacitors and many non-precision resistors, etc. Amp is absolutely dead quiet at full volume with no input. Thanks Doug for your recommendation that I go with these tubes. (Posted on 9/2/12)
- Carvin X100B retube(RUBY 6L6GCMSTR's, Ruby AC5 HG+ in V1, Ruby 7025SS in V2 then a Sovek LPS in V3) Review by Tim
- The tubes rock!!! Thanks so much!! You saved me a lot of money!! (Posted on 8/17/12)